As a non-profit organization, Friends Home is able to grow and expand services with the help of charitable gifts from those who understand the important work of caring for the seniors in the Kennett Square community. Contributions to The Friends Home in Kennett are fully tax-deductible and provide essential dollars for:
- Our resident assistance fund, which helps to keep our entrance fees and rates affordable for older adults with modest incomes
- Building improvements such as bathroom renovations, kitchen equipment upgrades, and updated carpeting
Here is a list of our donors from 2016:
Will you be on our 2017 list? We hope so!
You can help by making a donation of cash, stock, or other securities. Here’s how your contribution can benefit The Friends Home in Kennett.
- $50 purchases new large-print books for the library
- $100 provides special musical entertainment
- $150 purchases a rocking chair for our famous Porch
- $300 provides Wii games, and brain exercise games
- $500 funds materials to build a raised garden bed
- $1,000 provides modest monthly assistance to a resident in financial need
- $1,500 will purchase a new hospital bed
You can also make an in-kind donation, such as:
- DVDs, especially musicals, documentaries, and comedies
- Small bags of snacks or candy bars
- Unused greeting cards
- Art and craft supplies
- Seasonal plants for our flower beds and resident gardens
- Cut flowers for dining rooms, sitting rooms and corridors
- Magazine subscriptions for the library
Please contact Wright Horne, Senior Advancement Officer, prior to making an in-kind donation at 609-774-3049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When shopping on Amazon.com you can designate Friends Home in Kennett (which appears on the site as “Friends Boarding Home”) to receive a portion of each purchase. Get started by clicking here