Living a Montessori-Inspired Lifestyle
Our Montessori Inspired Lifestyle is a person-centered environment where residents know their neighbors, care for each other, collaborate with caregivers to sustain their environment, connect to families and outside communities, and maintain independence. It is a comprehensive program that is used as a philosophy that encompasses the entire manner in which the resident lives.
The Montessori method advocates independence to the greatest extent possible and gives our residents respect and dignity.
In a Montessori Inspired Lifestyle, our residents:
- Live in an environment that meets their individual needs, physically and emotionally
- Participate in mutually rewarding intergenerational programs
- Participate in community decision-making
- Support each other during illness and loss
- Enjoy meaningful, engaging visits with family members and friends
- Sustain their connections to the outside world
In a Montessori Inspired Lifestyle, our staff:
- Adhere to the Montessori principles of Respect, Independence, and a Prepared Environment.
- Create and maintain a community that encourages independence and personal freedom.
- Create unique programming that is designed and adjusted to the individual’s abilities, personal histories, and varied interests.
At Friends Home in Kennett, we are committed to providing our residents with the opportunity to engage in experiences that support a high quality of life, personal choice, lifelong development, and an optimal sense of well-being. Our location, within the Borough of Kennett Square, is unique among senior living communities.
- Healthy, deliciously prepared meals
- Housekeeping and Laundry services
- Cable and Wifi
- Onsite healthcare
- Campus security
- Friends Home is within walking distance to the Library, YMCA, coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques, barber shops and beauty salons.
Daily movement, mobility, and exercise classes
Weekly trips to Kennett YMCA
Performing Arts concerts and presentations
Shopping trips and country rides